Tuesday, March 6, 2007

A loving note from the warden...

And i don't believe this.
_________________________________________________________________

Dear Butler students,

A big thanks to most of you for cooperating with us during this morning's
fire drill.

Congratulations to C and D blocks -- with the exception of one student,
everyone got out in time.

A/B blocks did very well as well -- though there were a few more stragglers.

E/F blocks did the worst, with 11 students who did not manage to get out of
the blocks in time, and a number of students who had to be roused.

All students who did not make it out within three minutes will be informed
of the fine they will be charged -- it will be in the area of £10 per every
30 seconds they were late, with an additional £30 charged to those we had to
ask to leave.

In addition, the blocks that failed will have to repeat the drill. Any
repeat offenders will have their fines doubled.
___________________________________________________________________

I am in Block F. Great.
Yesterday's drill was at 5.40 a.m. in the morning. I heard there was one on Saturday (the day i went Edinburgh) but it wasn't a drill. Some stupid person who was drunk activated it.

I ran out at 5.40 a.m. that morning freezing wearing very thin tights. Repeat the drill eh? I won't hesitate to kill those who don't evacuate fast for the next one. I'm starting to wonder now why the warden said 'Good Job' to us when we ran back to our rooms that morning. Really misleading.

So if there'll be another drill, it'll probably be soon. I sure hope it'll be this week because i'll be roomie-less next week and i might not get up if not for Saara's sense of urgency. I don't want to pay 10 pounds for being 30 sec late. That'll be JUST GREAT.

No comments: