Hey exchange is not all about fun ok. Today is one of those days i refuse to do anything and had to bribe myself just to get out of bed.
My fellow exchangees are missing home too. Must be the easter break. It's lonely here. Feels like PGP during special sem. Sparsely populated.
Then, i started talking to Jo about Singapore, politics, English men & taxi drivers.
I love taxi drivers. They're my avenue to get myself out from my temporarily sad life (which is sad cause i only take cabs to school when i'm late) and transcend into the life of another - most of the time, a final year law student or a Masters' student dating a medicine boy. Not that i am desperate to be somebody else. I am perfectly happy with who i am and what i am doing in life. I am passionate about Geography and i think it makes my world go round.
I still remember a particular conversation that happened before i got here.
Taxi: You teacher is it?
Me: No. i'm just a relief teacher in that school. Rushing for class now.
Taxi: You still study in the university. What you study?
Me: I'm doing my Masters' in psychology.
Taxi: Wah. Masters. Good good. Smart & pretty also. Got boyfriend?
Me: Yes, he is also in NUS with me. He is a doctor.
Taxi: Wah.....
(Before alighting, i found out i've no cash. Told him to drop me off at YIH and got someone to rush over with cash. Alas, he was too slow and i had to seek help from someone else at the bus-stop)
Me: Eh Haur Bin... You got $10? Can i borrow?
HB: Don't have. Use my card to pay?
Me: Can pay with card? Nevermind then. I have mine. Uncle, i pay using mastercard can?
Taxi: Can... (While proceeding with the transaction, he looked up and asked me) That one your bf is it? Chinese boy?
Me: Which one? Oh yeah yeah. That one. Medicine one.
HAHAHAHA. Please don't tell HB this. paiseh.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment