When the lights go out, we go party. The last ISA party to be exact. It was a blast. I managed to capture people doing robot dances, the 60s dance and even salsa. I shouldn't reveal too much or else they will attempt to steal my laptop. :)
I haven't been online and i sense a growing concern from the people back in Singapore. Actually, it is no longer sensing because i've got mails and smses from people asking me where i have been recently. Thank you lovelies for the attention!
First up, I am done.. Officially done with the BLOODY essay.
I've got two more left and i like to psyche myself up by telling myself that is it 'no kick'. It has been helpful and i see myself working doubly hard although less hard as compared to Singapore. Don't worry mama & papa. I assure you that a passing grade is possible. Especially after Mel and I made an important trade agreement. :)
Secondly, I am addicted to table tennis also known as ping pong.. & maybe to a certain extent, coke. Coke, however, is old news. Therefore, i shall elaborate on the ping pong part. (I like the sound of it. Ping pong part. Tongue twister. haha.). I have been playing lots of team sports, neglecting individual sports because i do not feel comfortable enough. I feel that individual sports require much more concentration and that is difficult for someone dreamy like me. Well, to a certain extent, that is true. Intense concentration is a need for it is not easy to continuously play without the support of partner(s). Somehow, being part of the floorball team makes me feel confident enough. It is not all good because at times, i am more confident of my team mates' abilities more than my own. I often rely on them to cover my mistakes, knowing very well that i will not be solely blamed for the mistakes produced. That has been an annoyingly wrong mentality of course.. and if How Chong were to read this, 'benching' me would be his next option. Playing tennis and table tennis recently somehow rekindled that desire to play again.. to support my team mates; to know that i am as efficient and capable as the rest; to contribute to the team knowing very well that the same amount of concentration is still required. Concentration cannot be quantified though, and is therefore, important that you put your whole heart and attention to the game. The list goes on and it boils down to one thing - confidence.
I also have thoughts of appealing back to Kent Ridge Hall and trying out for their IHG Floorball and table tennis next year. The likelihood of getting a space is low, considering the fact that i am going to be in year 4. Naturally, they prefer a year 1 enthusiastic-i-just-came-out-from-college-and-NS undergrads. Still, i think i should give it a shot. I really should thank the Engine boys here for introducing me to ping pong. Also, to Joanna and Victor for teaching me the basic ways of playing tennis. They are all good teachers. So good that i look forward to any calls or knock on the door inviting me to go common room. When i am better in table tennis, i'll adopt some Chinese name.. for the sei factor *smoothens the table and brushes hand through the hair*
Haha.
Thirdly, Loughborough University had their music fest during the Bank hols on Monday. The whole group of us went over to see what the noise was all about. It was interesting cause i haven't seen music fest being held in a university before. It is not as good as Bay Beats but alright. If there's one thing i dislike about the UK, it would be the drinking culture that goes overboard sometimes. It was a mess, with beer bottles covering the field and drunk kids throwing themselves into the rubbish bin. I shall let the pics do the talking. The music was normal but i really liked the so-called-ferris-wheel which turned too fast and furious for my own comfort.
I had a great time for the Thursday's Captain's ball session. I like the court. Very sleek and sexy. :) The whole game was a joke. We had Wee Yong whose secret power was revealed - He jumped really high. Jeremy Gan, a monster and king kong in disguise was also around. Must thank these two for organizing it under the Singapore Society. I must admit, the number of people who turned up was encouraging.
I actually have lots to talk about but since i cannot remember now, i shall leave it as it is.
Also, i shall be heading for Liverpool on the 19th May 2007 (Saturday). All you Liverpool fans should look through the online catalogue and order through me by 17th May 2007, Thursday. I shall try not to make a profit out of it. hoho.
Upcoming plans:
25th May 2007 (Friday): BBQ gathering for THE special people around. :)
26th May 2007 - 28th May 2007: Cardiff / Cornwall for the nude beaches.. i mean, beaches.
29th May 2007 - 7th June 2007: London, Rome, Venice, Nice & Paris.
8th June 2007 - 15th June 2007: Global Migration, Contested Countryside & Economy, Society & Space Exams. (Bring it on!)
16th June 2007 - 24th June 2007: Around the world in 8 days.
That should be it. I am contactable through the UK line.
Fighting all the demons will take time...


No comments:
Post a Comment