Wednesday, February 21, 2007

All emotions in one.

As the title suggests, i just went through an emotional roller-coaster ride. What with PMS, adjusting to this surrounding, missing my loved ones at home, having no car (which forces me to either walk or go public) and the amount of work that i need to complete before Easter break. There aren't many due dates of course... just that Fiona and i planned our one month break already and i really must complete all the work so that i can travel without fear.

I should just list out the dates so that people at home will know where i'll be.

23rd March: Barcelona (Veryyyyy Cheetah Girls!)
2nd April: Lisbon (Portugal... Where i belong.. 1/8 of me)
10th April: Greece

Fiona will be coming to London on the 9th i think. I'll probably wanna continue to Rome. Don't blame me.. All roads lead to Rome, you know.

That's one whole month of backpacking. Can't wait to check out Mango's Warehouse over at Barcelona. Oh it's so hot. And yes Hairi.. of course i won't neglect my cultural side. I shall take tons of pics of the monuments. Yay!

I'll be away on the 2nd to the 5th March as i'll be joining the International Student Association (ISA) on their trip to Edinburgh. I wanna visit the Loch Ness lake and take pictures of the monster! (Oh how naive, Aida).

I also must complete ALL my work fast cause Amirul Hairi is gonna come over in June. Wheeee... Some familiar face finally. Luckily he has been to the Manchester United Football Club. Can save money and go to his all-time favourite Liverpool FC already. He must be so glad at this moment. I can't wait for you to come over! *grin*

I am waiting for John Kong to recover from his chicken pox so that i can visit him in Bristol before going to Bath. Poor John. Second attack of chicken pox and it is in UK! I sure hope he'll recover fast... especially since his girlfriend will be coming over this March. Have a speeeeeeedy recovery boy! :)

I am into my second week in school and i must add that today is particularly boring attending Economy, Society & Space lecture alone. THANKS to the lovely two other Geographers, Melody and Ying Zhi who left me for Ireland this morning. Mei must be suffering too cause Yu Shan has joined them and she will also be enduring reading her Frankenstein book alone. But everything is good except for the fact that they don't seem to have RBR here and all the books are on either long term loan or short term loan (1 week). Under short term loan, there are already 10 requests before me. This would mean that i'll get my book two months from now. I am so tempted to just get it from the bookshop but i've already spent close to S$140 on three books and it will be so heavy bringing them back later on. Sigh.

I am bored and just killing time before going to Tesco for the weekly groceries. I should really try to spend below 20 pounds today if i want to survive next week. We'll see how it goes. No more eating out. Boo.

I am reminded about how i met this really nice man at the immigration when i reached London on the 8th. This 50-ish year old man spoke to me in MALAY! Gosh, i was appalled. His malay was better than mine (anyone's malay should be better than mine, anyway). He is making a serious assumption that every Malay can speak malay. haha..okay i'll stop before i get slammed for not being proud of my roots. His first sentence to me was "Apa Khabar?" It was fluent! And then we continued talking... Me speaking in English and him speaking in Malay. How cool is that? Such a switch. He said he'll be coming to Sentosa this summer and wondered how many people in Singapore can speak Malay. I told him that there is quite a huge proportion of the population who are able to speak malay since we are possibly the second biggest race after the Chinese (Is it still? The last time we were. It was stated in my primary school social studies book). God, i was so ashamed that he spoke my mother tongue language more confidently and fluently than I do.

Well, good thing is... He let me pass without asking too many questions. This couple beside me managed to get out only an hour later. I saw them an hour later walking out while waiting for my cousin to pick me up. I am still amazed by that guy until now. He looked like Santa Claus. Such uncanny resemblance.

I should continue with my readings now. Sigh. Someone is supposed to come online before going to bed but he is nowhere in sight. Hmph.

No comments: