It is an eye opener celebrating the Chinese New Year here in UK. For a small town, Loughborough has quite a huge number in terms of its Chinese population - 1500 including students. Not too bad eh. Last friday, the group of Singapore exchange students (6 of us) went over to the Town Hall to have a supposed formal dinner with the mayor. He is a pretty nice guy. Dr Peter Lewis, the SEP English Literature coordinator drove five of us to the town hall and introduced us to all the important people in the Loughborough community including the mayor himself!
The mayor is voted every year and the various political party will take turns to run Loughborough. This way, they won't get into some huge argument. Dr Lewis told us something real exciting about his son: His son is Tony Blair's secretary! I was pretty excited upon hearing that. No idea why. Dr Lewis however, is the opposition. It was funny when he actually told us about it.
It is Sunday morning now and i just got back from the CNY celebration at the Union. I don't know.. It is alright i guess. There were a lot of Asians but i stayed closely to the Singaporeans i am familiar with. Partly because i was tired and in no mood to socialize. Another reason could perhaps be the stomach cramps i've been having the whole day. I drank two bottles of coke and three glasses of fruit juice. Those must have caused me the excess energy in my body. It is almost 3 a.m. now and i am not the least tired. This biological clock of mine needs help.
I'll be posting pictures soon. Especially of Nottingham. Oh the trip to Nottingham today was fantastic. I went to ice-skate at the National Olympic rink..supposedly UK's best. 4.5 pounds for two hours and i only managed to circle the rink thrice cause my ankle was in pain. I blame the skates. Like totally. We then went for a buffet lunch of Thai, Indian, Italian and Chinese food at the Red Hot. Nice ambience although the menu is slightly a lil confused. We then went shopping and although i didn't manage to buy the red outer jacket i wanted, Melody, YingZhi and Jerry managed to get their stuff i think. Shopping was so much fun there as compared to Loughborough. We went TK Maxx, H&M and many others that is not so familiar to me as yet.
We had to rush home for the CNY party but it's ok. I'm glad i didn't get that jacket. "You'll find something nice elsewhere," Jerry told me.
I wanted to say something else but i can't remember what i wanted to say. Today, i discussed my dreams with the other students from the Singapore Society. Jerry said we could drive a Lamborghini for 150 pounds for an hour in Leichester and 100 pounds for an hour of Ferrari. I told them that i wanna stay in a two storey house with five bedrooms, two maids, a garderner and have four of my own personal cars. My cars would be a Lexus RX300 for family picnic, Mercedes SLK for shopping with best friend, red Mazda RX8 for spa and maybe a Porsche Cayman. I'm not so keen on Lamborghini because it is not sexy enough for me. Also, my dream is only possible if i marry a Brunei king. I don't like the Brunei king and i'd prefer to earn my own money. Therefore, those will continue being my dreams unless i strike 4D. But since i can't gamble, that will remain as one of my many dreams. That was what we discussed at the CNY party with Will, Jerry and Jeremy. Easy to get all those for Jerry. He is on the Brunei Shell scholarship! Lucky guy.
Anyway, i've got plans for a Lexus 250 in the near future already ;) My dreams will come true. At least, a bit of it, yes? I'll blossom in this year of the pig, God willing.
Enough crap. I'll upload the pictures another day.
By the way hor, Happy New Year... Gong Xi Fa Cai to one and all. I'm gonna miss the yearly mahjong this year. Bummer. Don't snigger, Jannah. I'll be back for the next one. Hmph.
Sigh.
This is another brainless entry brought to you by me. Good night.
(Stomach pain pain right?)
Saturday, February 17, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment