Sunday, April 29, 2007

Winter to Spring & I reminisce.


Compare top and bottom. The same place but two months apart.

I can be very blunt. I acknowledge that.
But when it comes to writing, pay attention to every single thing.
The mistakes, the punctuation, everything.

Time flies and as i was staring at the calendar, it suddenly occurred to me that i've been away for more than two months. Every night when i am alone, i seek solace by the window... watching passing shadows make a fool out of themselves downstairs. Sometimes, i sip my favourite drink and other times, i sit on the latch, letting the cool breeze blanket my toes as my legs dangle out of the opening.

Thanks for the comfort so far, my dear. You know that those sweet wise words you say never fail to make me think again. You have been right all along. As for the bit on the sweetest victory, it is bittersweet.

This is not an attempt to give you a different style of entry. Many thoughts running through my mind and when i think of something else, i'll put it in before i forget. As much as i am missing home, going back is going to be very difficult for me. Being here gives me a heightened sense of independence. I feel like i can handle things on my own. Having the grown-ups around will incur responsibilities on me that i feel, are sometimes not justifiable. That aside, I miss those who are consistently messaging me on MSN, ensuring me that i am missed and cannot wait for my return. Those things, albeit simple, will always put a smile on my face as my eyes gloss through the conversation. Selective reading, you say.

Loppy: You are an amazing person. Don't bother what people think of you. I see a wonderful person when i talk to you and it is a blessing that we are put in a foreign land together and somehow, we rekindle the lost (or drifting apart) friendship of ours.

Things are clearing up. Like what Miss Yang once told me... 'Slowly but surely'.

Last night, i teared. What good have i done to deserve such great friends back home? If anything, this exchange has made us even closer and i really can't wait to give that long overdue hugs to all of you.

I miss you.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

omg do i get a hug?? hehe...
-jnab

aida said...

haha. can also.

*hug*