Friday, May 4, 2007

Between now and then.

I assure you... Life has been pretty eventful.

I get out of bed every morning, shower and decide which food has the lower calorie before indulging in sinful indulgence. On normal days, i prepare for class. On lazier days, i spend half a day trying to psyche myself up to complete tasks for the day.

So last night's SMB studying proved to be a little too much fun and lil work done. I did some work, yes... but the whole contradiction with the different readings somewhat amused me. In the most irritating way. Plus, the existence of some people who happen to find joy in trying to dismantle my sturdy self-esteem. I hope you guys had fun :)

To think, they say NUS people are chao muggers. You gotta look at yourself in the mirror really. Having gone through more than ten years of Singapore education system, i am pretty much convinced it is hard to shake that attitude off. No matter where you are. Even while on SU holiday. The best part is... the quote "spoil the bell curve" is not applicable over here.

We had a meeting just now with the outgoing students from here and tried giving them tips for survival. I wasn't helpful at all, frightening one of them with the tremendous amount of work you need to complete in NUS. We scared him too much i suppose, cause Dr Brown asked us to tell him something nice. Take that: NUS ambassadors for you. I did praise our NUS library though... claiming it has the best system (i stopped there and excluded the 'in the world' bit because i must be humble in this foreign land). Ironic isn't it? Talking about being humble when you know i am so darn proud of our NUS library.

I talked to Verena yesterday who told me that even in Germany, different parts have different categorization for their masculine, feminine and neutral. The thing about German is that you NEED and MUST know where to categorize the items. For instance, a book is neutral and therefore, you use Das Buche. Whether it is Der (Masculine), Die (Feminine) or Das (Neutral), will overall affect the whole sentence structure including the grammar. Tedious isn't it?

Today is Friday night. On Friday nights, Aida will NEVER stay in.
So she came up with exciting plans but Jeremy's coffee at 1 a.m. made her go to sleep at 6 a.m. on Friday morning after the sun is up. She is feeling a lil too sleepy at the moment. Let's hope she won't fall asleep before the movie. (Wow, it has been such a long time since i used the third person).

I've got barely two months before returning to Singapore. I am already feeling it in my bones. The sadness which i know can get quite overwhelming. There are so many things to be done. My first horse-ride, my long trip with the exchangees and my desire to drive that lamborghini (haha) will not materialize due to time constraint. I'd do anything to have one of the three before leaving but i guess it is impossible. The horse-ride is 20 pounds i think. Just outside town in Leicestershire countryside.

This blog will end once i land in Singapore. Following which, i don't think there'll be much time to blog. Besides, i find joy in reading other people's blog more than trying to update about my life. Basically, my life can get pretty routined after awhile. Some people will blog about issues and general knowledge. I find those really intellectually stimulating and i love it. Others talk about their life, anger and things they are normally bitter about. I am more often than not, thrilled to come across such blogs because those bitterness, if translated into grateful attitude can seriously do wonders to your day. Just like what they say in Joy Luck Club, you feed on other people's tears. I make no pretense that on boring days, blog hopping is the next best thing. I am giving up on blogging because it can be pretty draining to constantly update without truly understanding the basis of doing it.

Of course, if i stumble upon the blog of people who are related to me through friends, brothers or ancestors, i normally get really excited and they'll be happy to know that they're in my favourite list. Those will be my coffee... a perfect start to my mornings. Especially with the time difference here. To a large extent, i can be what Singaporeans typically term "kaypoh".

I also know that some of my audience are those i have been targetting. Remember how you said you wanted to break me? I forgot to tell you. The bark of the tree goes thicker through the years. Unless you are some machinery, breaking it will prove to be a tricky procedure. But then again, i know we're cool.

I sure talk a lot once i get started. Think i should continue listening to songs i listened to through my teenage years. Thinking about it now is making me laugh. How on earth did i get myself motivated listening to Limp Bizkit through my secondary school life?

Only God knows.

Until i see you again.

No comments: